Mayor (Village President)
Trevor J. Clatfelter
View Bio >
Sherman Village Hall
401 St. John's Drive
Sherman, IL 62684
About the Role of the Mayor
The Office of the Mayor for the Village of Sherman is the Executive Branch of Village government and the Mayor serves as its chief executive officer (CEO). The Mayor appoints a Village Manager, Chief of Police, Public Works Director, Clerk and other professional positions and is responsible for oversight of these offices and their administration in the effective day to day management of the Village affairs.
The Mayor presides over all public meetings, calls meetings of the Board of Trustees, prepares and presents annual budgets, schedules annual meetings, establishes and appoints committees that include zoning and planning commissions, serves as the lead economic development officer for the Village and is the chief spokesperson for the Village of Sherman.
Village programs include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring our Public Works Department has the manpower, training and tools to maintain and repair our infrastructure of streets, lights, signs, greenspace, structures, facilities, sewer and public venues.
- Work closely with organizations such as Sherman M.O.V.E. (Make Our Village Exceptional), Sherman Area Chamber of Commerce (SACC), Sherman Boy Scouts, churches and businesses to promote our community and their causes.
- Established working relationships with numerous public organizations to partner on project to share project costs, manpower, and joint purchase/sharing.
- Work with Village Board of Trustees in the planning of a transparent, reasonable budget.
- Ensuring the public safety through progressive law enforcement and emergency management.